Welcome to the Guilfoyles blog!

This is a way for everybody to keep up with what we're doing. The Guilfoyles include Mike, Patrice, Aidan, and Evan.
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Did It!! My 1st 5K

So it wasn't the greatest time in the world but I finished it. It was worse than child birth but it felt just as good when it was over.

Here's my training group and coaches. We met for group runs every Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. for 10 weeks and then we had to train on our own three other days during the week. Most of us had never run a day in our lives, unless was from something. We started at 1/2 mile and worked up to 3 miles. I'm trying to maintain the progress.

Here's me with one of my coaches, Lori, who was trying to encourage me to the finish line. She told me that she knew I was barely holding on but "you can throw up later." Nice words of encouragement, huh?

No comments: